Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, March 30, 2015

A Cat's Fancy


Dizzie: I can't come to work today, Boss. I'm afraid to leave Alfie alone.



Lilly Faye: Why? Is he sick?



Dizzie: He's up a tree, and he won't come down.



Lilly Faye: I wouldn't worry, Diz. Alfie has climbed trees before.



Dizzie: I know, but he's been up there for three hours. He even missed lunch!



Lilly Faye: You're right, this is serious. Alfie never misses a meal, his own or anyone else's. I'll be right over!



Alfie Cat: I'm not coming down as long as that she-devil Ceecee is around. It's not safe. That witch has designs on me!



Lilly Faye: That's odd. I didn't think Ceecee ever left her house. I'll phone Frank.



Mr. Frank: My sister leaves the house twice a year, in Spring and Fall. I think it's some sort of female mating thing. I'll ask her.



Mr. Frank: Hey, Ceecee...



Ceecee: Don't be ridiculous. The only designs I have are for my needle work.



Lilly Faye: Alfie, Frank says Ceecee is at home working on her knitting. You can come on down now. You're not in any danger.

Diz, get in my car. I'll take you back to work with me.




Ceecee: Who's going to protect you now, Alfie?



Alfie Cat: Ayeeeeeeeee.......

24 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got a nice looking blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Kitty, and thank you for the lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Pfffthahaha! Glorious!
    "The only designs I have are for my needlework"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I'm blessed to have good looking friends who are willing to work with me on my blog. --Lilly Faye Poodle

      Even though she doesn't pay us! --Dizzie, Unpaid Blog Intern

      Delete
  4. I've never visited a blog written by a poodle before :) So cute. My girls would adore this site...very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Believe me, there were plenty of people who doubted a toy poodle could pull it off, but now, 163 posts later, I think I have proved them wrong.

      Delete
  5. Why Lilly Faye, your blog is about the most wonderful thing I've seen all day. I will have to drop by here regularly from here on out. Thanks for stopping by my place and God bless for Janet for hooking us all up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzie, my blog intern, had to revive me with smelling salts after I read your wonderful comment, Brenda! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. Lilly Faye, you are one gorgeous and talented pup.

    Stopping by from QOTKU blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness AJ, I'm blushing! Thank you, and thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. So cute and clever.You are quite the photographer, Lilly Faye, or did your blog intern snap those photos?? Thanks for visiting my blog via Janet Reid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome J Q! It's Dizzie's job to take the blog photos, but on days when he fails to show up for work I drag out the old tripod and use the timer feature on my camera. He's exasperating sometimes, but then again, he doesn't get paid.

      Delete
  8. Just came over from Janet Reid's blog to say hello. Thanks for your comment on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Phyllis. Thanks for visiting my blog in return!

      Delete
  9. Lilly, that made my day.
    Hopping over from QOTKU's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it, Angie! My goal is to put a smile on everyone's face. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  10. Lilly, what a sweet and charming idea for a blog! I loved "meeting" all your furry friends. So much fun and happiness here, what a refreshing change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, KD! We try to keep the vibe positive here at the blog. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  11. Aww, poor kitty!
    That was a fun story :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deniz, and thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!