Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lilly Faye's Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper


Dear Readers,

My blog staff, Dizzie and Alfie, and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend. It's based on a Marvel Comic about a ragtag team of heros, Peter Quill (Chris Pratt, The Lego MovieParks and Recreation), Gamora (Zoe Saldana, Star Trek), Drax the Destroyer (wrestling star Dave Bautista), Groot (Vin Diesel, Fast & Furious), and Rocket (Bradley Cooper, American Hustle), who come together to save the galaxy from the evil Ronan (Lee Pace).

(See my review of The Lego Movie here, and my review of American Hustle here. )

The plot of Guardians of the Galaxy is simple. The heros fight the bad guys for possession of a powerful orb, taking viewers along on a fun ride. It has proven to be a hugely popular movie, full of humor and spectacular special effects.

My favorite characters are the computer generated Groot, a tree with human-like features, and Rocket, a genetically engineered, gunslinging raccoon.



Dizzie:  "I am Groot."



Lilly Faye: Well, you do eat a lot of wood, Diz.



Alfie Cat: I don't like raccoons. They are well known for stealing cat food.



Lilly Faye: Rocket the raccoon is a great character, Alfie. The movie wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a perfect movie for the holidays, when you're too stressed and over-scheduled to concentrate on a heavy film.



Mr. Frank: I would've loved to have seen this one with you, Doll Face. Shouldn't Saturday night be our date night?



Lilly Faye: I'm sorry, Frank. I didn't ask you to come with me, because I was working. You'll just have to get used to the idea that you're dating a working poodle.



Dizzie: Besides, it was my house, my sofa, and my Blu-ray disc.



Lilly Faye: Okay, boys. It's time to rate the movie.

Lilly Faye's Movie Rating: Two Paws Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!