Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Let the Music Speak for Itself


Mr. Frank: What did you think of my performance, Doll Face?



Lilly Faye: It was certainly unique, Frank. I never expected to hear Lorde's "Royals" as a tuba solo.



Mr. Frank: When I'm playing for myself, I prefer blues, jazz, and swing, but when I'm playing for young people, I stick to the modern stuff. You've got to stay relevant to be successful these days.



Lilly Faye: Do you play weddings?



Mr. Frank: No, mostly breakups. My biggest payday came when a fellow hired me to sit on his ex's porch and play Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" on my tuba. I think she got the message.



Lilly Faye: I'll bet. Where else do you play?



Mr. Frank: Trader Joe's lets me busk in front of their store. Often onlookers will start crying and ask me to stop. That's when I know my playing has really touched their hearts--when they're having trouble handling the strong emotions live music stirs up.

Say, maybe you could accompany me sometime. I'll bet you've got a sweet little singing voice. We could really rake in the dough.



Lilly Faye: Thank you, Frank. Tee-hee.



Mr. Frank: And be sure to wear your pink polka dot bikini.



Lilly Faye: Harrumph.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!