Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

It's Labor Day Weekend!


Lilly Faye: Hi, Cali. How's it going?

Cali: I can't believe the summer is almost over, Lilly Faye.

Lilly Faye: I'm thinking of throwing an end-of-summer blog party. Are you interested?



Cali: Sorry, I can't make it this year. I'm spending time with the family, before the kids get busy with school.




Lilly Faye: Hey, Frank. I'm thinking of organizing an end-of-summer blog party. Any thoughts?



 Mr. Frank: A pool party would be awesome. I've been dying for a chance to wear my new Speedo.



Lilly Faye: Well, in that case, I'll see what I can come up with!

Later that afternoon...



Dizzie: Boss? I wasn't expecting to see you today. Why are you wearing your bikini?



Lilly Faye: I'm scouting locations for an end-of-summer party for my employees and friends of the blog. I thought maybe we could use your swimming pool. Frank wants to break in his new Speedo.



Alfie Cat: Ooof! That's a sight I don't need to see.



Dizzie: You're out of luck, Boss. We don't have a pool.



Lilly Faye: Sure you do. It just needs some water, and maybe a slide.



Dizzie: That's a fire pit.



Lilly Faye: You're being too modest, Diz. It's a lovely pool.



Dizzie: No. Seriously, Boss. We build fires in it.



Lilly Faye: If you don't want to host the party, all you have to do is say so, Diz.



Alfie Cat: We don't want to host a party.



Dizzie: Sorry, Boss. My heart's just not in it this year.



Alfie Cat: He's still upset about Willow seeing other dogs.



Lilly Faye: You shouldn't believe the gossip, Diz. For all you know, Willow could be at home pining for you the way you're pining for her. Think about it.



Lilly Faye: I'm going home. I guess Frank and I will just have to make it a party of two.

Over the holiday weekend, in separate locations...



Dizzie: Oh, Willow...



Willow: Oh, Dizzie...



Lilly Faye: You grill a mean burger, Frank.



Mr. Frank: It's all in how you spice it up, Doll Face. Now give Mr. Frankie some sugar.

Dear Readers, have a marvelous Labor Day weekend!
Love,
Lilly Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!