Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Personal Journey



Dear Readers, 

Watching Philomena (see my review posted May 27, 2014) has moved me to share a very personal part of my own story with you.

Many of you probably look at me now and think, what a glamorous and exciting life Lilly Faye lives! But the truth is, I wasn't always a gorgeous model and international blogger.

In fact, the first seven years of my life were extremely difficult. I lived in less than ideal circumstances, and I gave birth to a lot of puppies. I did my best to feed them and keep them clean, but I had very little help. I had no control over my situation.

Like Philomena Lee with her son, I loved my puppies and wanted to keep them, but eventually they were all taken away from me. I don't know where they ended up. I don't even know if they all survived. I think about them often, and wonder if they remember me.

After my last litter, I ended up on the streets. Let me tell you, the world is a scary place when you only weigh twelve pounds, and are completely on your own. 

Eventually a nice woman took me in and fed me, but she soon realized she couldn't keep me. Fortunately, she knew of an angel on earth named Tammie, who has saved the lives of many dogs like me. Tammie put my picture and story on Petfinder. That's where Mommy found me and offered me a forever home. 

My doctor has told me I won't be having any more puppies, and I guess that's for the best. But I still think of my little ones. I hope they ended up in good homes like the one I have now.

Dear Readers, if you have room in your hearts and lives, please consider adopting a furry companion (or two!) from a shelter or rescue group, and give them the happy life they deserve.

And if you yourself are homeless or in a bad place, please don't ever give up. You never know when you will meet someone who will change your life in miraculous ways.

If you need proof, just look at me. I was hopeless and homeless, and now I have a loving home, lots of fabulous friends, my own blog, and wonderful readers like you all around the world. Miracles do happen!

Thank you for reading my blog, and sharing my journey. The best is yet to come!

Love,
Lilly Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!