Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Mailbag




Dear Readers,

Busty reminded me that it's March 31st, and we haven't dipped into  the March Mailbag yet. We'd better hurry, so let's get started.

I see the first letter is addressed to Busty Cat. What a coincidence, I wonder if somebody peeked! 

       Dear Busty,
I've never known of anyone named Busty before. How did you get your name?
                    Signed, Paula the Persian



        
Busty Cat: My human found me wandering the streets of Liverpool, and took me into his family home. They wanted a boy cat, so despite my diminutive size and gentle, feminine ways, they assumed I was a male and named me Buster.

By the time my new doctor gave them the news, that I'm a female, we were all getting used to the name Buster. To their credit, they feminized my name as best they could.

I like the name Busty. I think it suits me.




Lilly Faye: Thanks for sharing that personal story, Busty. 

Our next letter is for Alfie. 

Dear Alfie,
         Why don't you appear on the blog more often? We're big fans!

       Signed, 
       Suki and Yaki, the Siamese Littermates
























Alfie Cat: It's because I'm so beautiful.  The others are jealous. They can't handle the competition.





















Lilly Faye: Ha! That's funny! The truth is, I'm fresh out of back-scratch creme, so I'm trying to keep my distance from Alfie until I can get my prescription renewed.

Here's a question for Dizzie.

    Dear Dizzie,
       
    Is Dizzie your real name, or a nickname? Does it mean you're a 
    goofball?         

    Signed, Shep

Lilly Faye: You'd better take this one, Diz!

























Dizzie: I beg your pardon, Shep. I may occasionally display the naive exuberance of youth, but like all Portuguese Water Dogs, I am extremely intelligent.

Despite the spelling variation, I was named after Dizzy Gillespie, the greatest jazz trumpeter of all time.

My first cousin, Bo, who lives in Washington, D.C., is named after Blues great, Bo Diddley. 




















Lilly Faye: Okay, thanks for that, Diz.

It looks like we have one last letter. This one is addressed to me.

Dear Lilly Faye,
          I wish you'd blog more often. I love reading about the comings
      and goings of you and your friends, and getting a behind-the-
      scenes look at the blog!

      Signed, Foxy the Hound



Lilly Faye: Thank you so much for your kind words, Foxy! Readers like yourself make all the hard work worthwhile. I'll try to bring you more updates in the future. 

Dear Readers, remember, tomorrow is April Fool's Day, so stay on your toes and don't be fooled!

Love Always,
Lilly Faye


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!