Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Lilly Faye's Book Review: Poisoned Ground by Sandra Parshall

Dear Readers,

Busty Cat and I have just finished reading Poisoned Ground, Sandra Parshall's brand new Rachel Goddard Mystery. As I promised a few days ago, Busty Cat has returned to review it with me.




Lilly Faye: Welcome back to the blog, Busty. I'm glad you could be here today.

I found Poisoned Ground to be very professionally written. It flows nicely. I like the way Sandra writes in shorter chapters. It's a style that keeps me turning the pages.



Busty Cat: Even though it's the sixth in a series, and it's the first Rachel Goddard Mystery I've read, I didn't have any trouble getting into the story. The author does a good job of revealing just enough backstory, without dumping too much information and slowing down the suspense.




Lilly Faye: I was happily surprised to find out that the main 
character, Rachel Goddard, the veterinarian, doesn't go around town being nosy and trying to solve crimes all by herself. She's married to the sheriff, and he does most of the investigating, which is more realistic.

Busty Cat: I liked that it's not too cozy, and not too scary.

Lilly Faye: I agree, it's just right.

I liked that Sandra included lots of dogs and cats, and even birds and rabbits in the story.




Busty Cat: Don't forget the sheep and horses!

Lilly Faye: The mystery is well plotted, with plenty of red herrings. It kept me guessing 'til the very end.

Busty Cat: I love red herrings. Yum!

















Dizzie: Hey, this book sounds good! Can I have it now that you two girls have finished reading it?

Book Rating: Two paws up. Highly recommended!




Busty Cat: Just a minute, Lilly Faye. We aren't done here. There's still the matter of my payment. Here's my invoice:


Lilly Faye: But Busty, I only have one can left!

Busty Cat: Hand it over.





















Dear Readers,

Take my advice: if you like mysteries, get yourself a copy of Poisoned Ground, and always read the fine print when dealing with a cat.

Love,
Lilly Faye

2 comments:

  1. Whew, what a relief! I was nervous about this review. Lilly Faye is a sweetheart, but I was afraid Busty might be, well, a little catty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra!

    Busty is quite picky, so it's all the more impressive that she loves your book as much as I do!

    Love,
    Lilly Faye

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!