Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Dizzie: Hi, Boss.



Lilly O'Faye: Top o' the mornin' to you, Diz. Tis St. Patrick's Day, so just for today, you can call me Lilly O'Faye!

Dizzie: Will do, Boss. I didn't know you were Irish.




Lilly O'Faye: It's true that Poodles originated in Germany, but everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's Day, Diz.




Dizzie: Not me, Boss. I'm a Portuguese Water Dog, through and through.

Lilly O'Faye: Well, today you can be an Irish Water Spaniel. You look a lot alike.

What's on your mind?

Dizzie: I came over to ask you when you think you might start paying me a salary for my work here on the blog.



Lilly O'Faye: Sorry, Diz. No can do. Unpaid interns like yourself are free slave labor, here to be used and abused. Everybody in publishing knows that.

Dizzie: But Busty said....

Lilly O'Faye: Busty Cat is an independent contractor. I have no control over her.

Dizzie: But, Boss....




Lilly O'Faye: You're gaining valuable job experience here on the blog, Diz. That's worth a lot!

If you do a good job, and continue to bring me my water just the way I like it,*** I may promote you to junior cub reporter at some point in the future.



Dizzie: Gosh, thanks, Boss!



Lilly O'Faye: That's if the blog ever starts bringing in money, of course.

Dear Readers,
I hope you have a very merry St. Patrick's Day!

Love and luck to you,
Lilly O'Faye

***Not too hot, not too cold, in a small glass held at just the right height.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!