Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Visit from Busty Cat, and a New Mystery: Poisoned Ground by Sandra Parshall

Dear Readers,

I've asked my good friend, Busty Cat, to join me today. 

Welcome to the blog, Busty!



Busty: Hello, Lilly Faye. This is the first time you've invited me to the blog this year. What's up?




Lilly Faye: It has come to my attention that several of my readers are cat lovers, and I've been promising to have you on my blog for ages, so it seemed like a natural fit.




Busty: Well, okay. But don't expect me to call you "Boss," and work as an unpaid intern, like Dizzie. I'm a cat, which means I'm an independent contractor. 

Lilly Faye: Agreed. Tell my readers a little bit about yourself.



Busty: I emigrated from England, I live with Dizzie and Alfie, my favorite meal is sardines and goat's milk, and I like whipped cream for dessert. Despite my rich diet, I am quite petite.



Lilly Faye: When you visited the blog in December, you told us about some of your favorite books, so I know you're a reader.

I just purchased Poisoned Ground, a brand new mystery by Sandra Parshall. I thought we could read and review it together. It's about a lady veterinarian who solves crimes in rural Virginia.

Busty: I go to a lady doctor, so I can relate. Are there any cats in it?


Lilly Faye: I've only just started reading, but already several dogs and barn cats have been mentioned. 

The story starts off really well. A big city developer wants to buy up private land in rural Virginia, and some of the residents don't want to sell. One of them is brandishing a gun!

I can't wait to read more. Will you join me, Busty?



Busty: Sure. I love a good mystery. Scoot over, and let's get started.



Dear Readers,
Poisoned Ground, the newest Rachel Goddard Mystery by Sandra Parshall, is published by Poisoned Pen Press.

Busty will be back in a few days to discuss the book with me. Feel free to leave a comment about Poisoned Ground, or anything else that's on your mind, by clicking on the word "comment" in the shaded box below this post.

You can also email me privately any time by using the "Contact Form" on the right side of your screen. 

Love, 
Lilly Faye

4 comments:

  1. I am honored to have Lilly Faye and Busty among my readers and can't wait to hear their opinions of Poisoned Ground! (I can promise Busty some feisty cat action.)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I'm honored to have you visit my blog! Feisty cat action, you say? Busty is gonna eat that up. Sounds like we picked the right book!

      Love,
      Lilly Faye

      Delete
  2. Darned right there are cats! And the alpha cat, Tootles, is named for my dear departed Meezer.
    So grateful to Sandra for such a wonderful memorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that insight, Doreen, and I'm sorry for your loss. Animal lovers are the best people!

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come back soon.

      Love,
      Lilly Faye

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!