Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oscar Fever!

Dear Readers,

The Academy Awards take place this Sunday, and I couldn't be more excited! It's one of my favorite nights of the year.




Dizzie: Boss, can I talk to you?




Lilly Faye: Sure, Diz. I was just filling in my Oscar ballot. Would you like to place a bet in the office pool?

Dizzie: I thought there were only two of us working on the blog.

Lilly Faye: That's right. You and me. That gives you a fifty-fifty chance of winning the entire pot.




Dizzie: No, thanks. I can't afford it. About the Academy Awards, Boss....



Lilly Faye: They're on Sunday night. Don't forget to watch. I'm warning you right now, if Pharrell Williams doesn't win the Best Original Song Oscar for "Happy," I'm going to be one very un-happy Poodle.




Dizzie: I was thinking maybe I could go to the Academy Awards ceremony, and report from the scene, in person.




Lilly Faye: That's crazy talk, Diz. After your Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show debacle, I can't risk the blog's reputation by sending you out on your own again. 

Besides, how would you get there? If you can't afford a measly five dollars to join the office betting pool, you certainly can't afford a ticket to California.

Now, the oddsmakers have Cate Blanchett way ahead in the Best Actress category, but I really like Sandra Bullock. 

What do you think, Diz?

Dizzie: Sandra Bullock played a well-adjusted scientist who followed the rules. Cate Blanchett's character was off her rocker. Crazy always wins.

Lilly Faye: You're probably right.




Dizzie: See you Sunday, Boss.





Lilly Faye: Now where did he run off to? I was about to ask him to bring me fresh water and biscuits.

Oh well, this gives me a chance to watch Pharrell's "Happy" video again. Here's the link, if you want to watch it with me.



Love, 
Lilly Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!