Welcome!

Welcome!
This is the place for friends to talk about books, movies, music, food, and everything fun!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lilly Faye's Movie Review: Enough Said, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini



Dear Readers,
Dizzie and I just watched the film Enough Said, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini. 

It isn't a traditional romantic comedy. Rather, it's a realistic look at two middle-aged people trying to make an intimate connection with one another, and all of the mistakes, foibles, humor, sadness, judgements, and imperfections involved.

Enough Said was one of the last films James Gandolfini worked on before he passed away. I've always liked him, so I was surprised how easily I was able to put his death out of my mind while watching this film. The acting was so natural, and the story seemed so real, that I was totally immersed in the movie, and not thinking about anything else.

How did you feel about it, Diz?


Diz: Yep. He seemed very alive in the movie.

Lilly Faye: Yes, but what did you think about the story, Diz?



Dizzie: I don't know why humans make everything so difficult for themselves. If I'm hungry, I just snack on whatever is nearby.

When we dogs want to make friends, we just sniff each other and then wrestle or roll in the mud together.



Lilly Faye: Wood isn't a food group, Diz.




Dizzie: Well it should be. It's delicious. You don't know what you're missing.

Lilly Faye: Getting back to the movie, actresses Catherine Keener and Toni Collette, and actor Ben Falcone were also very effective in supporting roles.

You may remember Ben in the small but pivotal role of the Air Marshall in Bridesmaids. In real life he is married to actress Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids, TV's Mike & Molly.) Diz and I enjoyed Melissa's work in The Heat.

Diz: Yep. That was a good one.

Lilly Faye: Enough Said is not a laugh-out-loud funny movie, but it's definitely worth watching. 



Movie Rating: Two Paws Up. Recommended for teens and adults, but I wouldn't consider it a date movie unless you're over 40.

Love, 
Lilly Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a woof!